Thursday, February 16, 2006

BYU Swing Dance

Saturday night, I went to the BYU Swing dance. I was invited several other places, including the performance of Lame O's friend (who was not a Lame'O) from Detroit at Borders. I needed some swing dancing.

It was strange to be in that ballroom again. I think the last time I had been there was with X and he pulled some crazy karate move on me or something that either hurt me or made me look like a fool. I got upset and left the floor in the middle of the dance. We left immediatly after that.

I found some babyfaced kid to dance with and as we were walking onto the dance floor, I heard someone calling my name. It was some one from my old Ward in Citrus Heights. He and his sister were at the dance. After the song was over we caught eachother up on where our lives and our families are at now. They knew about my divorce, not sure how, but I suppose news like that travels fast. Sweet kids.

OK, so in all the kids there are still 5 years younger than me, except for the one non-mormon BYU coach that I already fell for and dusted my feet of. I had a good time anyway. They are in such their own little click. They rarely go outside their comfort zone to ask a girl to dance. I noticed though, that the guys rarely have to ask a girl to dance because the girls all race to get to the guy they want to dance with before another girl does.

Overall, it was pretty good. I did more asking and sitting on the stage than I would have liked to, but I'm glad I went, even if I did give up three other invitations for dates. Phewy.

I like swing at the MAC better. There are some other places to go. We'll see how they compare.

No comments: