Friday, May 13, 2005

Neither Here Nor There

I feel like a ghost in this town. I have been telling people I am moving next weekend for about a month now. When I see them the next week they are pleasantly, )thankfully) surprised to see me still around. I never knew how many friends I had until I started telling them goodbye.

I went back to work for the elderly man from Florida until I leave. They sent one or two girls to replace me, but he wasn't happy with them and turned them away. He kept telling me how he is going to miss me. What really touched me is when he said that *I* am the best thing about California.

I was waiting to get my car sold and we have a couple of ads that just went out this week. In the mean time we found a Hyundai to replace my car and we bought it today. It looks like my dad and I will be leaving as soon as the breaks are replaced and some other maintenance is done on the Hyundai. Either Saturday afternoon or Sunday. We will just take my new car with a luggage carrier on top and my dad will fly back the next day.

I am soo looking forward to getting on with my life.

I have decided to take up an opportunity to work for a company doing medical transcription from home. They offer free training, but I still have to invest in the software. As soon as I can afford that, I will begin the training.

I am also looking forward to meeting new friends. I hope that I can prevent my mind from being warped by the backwards views of some of the members there. I need to remember to keep an open mind and not be judgemental of others. I have always tried to live my life this way. It is hard for the members in Utah to see past the nose on their face sometimes.

No comments: