Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Breaking of the Bank

Both my parents were out of town for a few days. I have been low on funds since I got back from Maui and I got called into work all the way down in Elk Grove. My car managed to make it to Guy's daycare on an empty tank of gas in time to pick him up. When I got there, I didn't think I would be able to make it to the gas station, so I asked if she had any gas I could borrow to make it to the gas station. I used what was left in her can, and a good portion of it was leaking out onto the ground.

I had already spent my last change on gas before I left Elk Grove. I figured there might be some more gas in a can at home. I was on my way home when Betty called me and asked if I was still coming over to bring her the pictures from out trip. I was just around the corner from her house, but I didn't know if I would make it there and then home. I told her I couldn't at first, but she acted like she needed them right away.

I was still able to make it home, but to my dismay my dad had already taken the gas can to Utah with the mower. I remembered that I had a piggy bank for Guy that was full of change that I could turn in to get some gas. The bank was glass so I had to drop it on the concrete to bust it open.

That bank had over $40 in change in it!

No comments: