Friday, May 20, 2005

A Hot Cake Birthday!

Tuesday was my birthday! I figured Aaron and Kari were clueless, so I mentioned it to them Monday night. When I did, they looked at each other in surprise.

Aaron has to be to work early in the morning, so the two of them came in at 7am and sang happy birthday to me. They got a McDonalds Hotcake Meal and stuck a candle in the center through the styrofoam lid. It was a trick candle, so Guy got a chance to blow on it too. They confessed later that they did know it was my birthday, but they pretended as if they were clueless.

I had a couple of birthday wishing phone calls from some friends. Shucks, somebody cares.

I spent most of the day at home with Guy, but we took some time out to go to the park for a bit. Guy wasn't feeling so great, so we sat up at the top of the slides where some kids were playing and watched them. I was checking out the ring fingers of the dads there. Surprisingly, the cutes of them all was not taken.

I had hopes of going dancing later that night, if Guy was in bed, but after sleeping all day, he was ready to go again at 10pm. That's ok, I had a good day anyway.

Happy 28th Birthday to Me!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to you!