Friday, May 27, 2005

The Joys of Unemployment

It's a shame there isn't a demand for a professinal dater. I think I would be highly qualified. Plus I could kill two birds with one stone.

My plan when I got here was to go to work for Comfort Keepers part time while training with the Medical Transcription company. It turns out that the office in SLC hasn't even opened it's doors to business yet, so they won't have work for me for another two weeks at least. He has my resume and my old boss called him to talk me up already...Now if he would just pay me the 17.5 hours that they have shorted me from the time I have been working for them because they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to keeping track of the schedule and payroll...Angst!

Not only that, but I will have to take some medical terminology training before I can work at the software training, which will be free, but I am expected to afford the books, $200. If it's not one thing...

I did some searching for jobs and I had an interview with a fashion design company that designs and manufactures bridal gowns and bride's maids dresses. The position was for a customer service postion, taking orders from shops, answering emails, following up with and taking oders for dresses, etc... I thought it was right up my alley with my fashion education and all my office experience. She said a few times in the interview that I had the qualifications they are looking for.

That was on Wednesday, and I still haven't heard from them. Looks like Monday I will be hitting the temp agencies. How I loath job hunting.

No comments: