Monday, February 07, 2005

To Move or Not to Move

I am still going back and forth in my heart and mind about moving to Utah. I still have not received a positive confirmation that it is the right thing to do. After this weekend, I am having some doubt.

I felt reluctant about moving to Utah while the garage sale was going on, Saturday. It just didn't feel real when we explained to people that we will be moving there or anywhere. I had a brief conversation about the decision with my mom. I asked her if they have been continuing to pray about the decision and how they felt about it. She said that she has been having a stuper of thought.

I downloaded a book called "A Better Way to Date" on Sunday. The first chapter included ways to find people to date. As I was reading them I imagined myself trying them in Utah. It suggested things such as joining clubs or taking classes on things you are intersted in. Because the chances of running into someone who is LDS are probably 6 times better regardless of what club I joined or class I took, I could search in places besides church functions.

The lesson in Releif Society was on Marriage Preparation. The bishop sat in on the lesson and when he made a comment about how some people say to themselves, "I have met everyone at church, or I have been to the activites and there is no one there for me." He made the point that there are always new people coming into the ward each week. When he said this I felt the spirit testify of it.

I have given up on all of Northern California, saying, "There is no one here for me." I have found a friend that I invited to attend the College Oak Ward with me next week. Perhaps there will be some older guys in that ward. I think I will continue to tour the other young adult wards in Sacramento. There might be one where I could meet some older men and feel more comfortable in.

The following scripture was also referrenced briefly and I felt the spirit at that time too.

LUKE 5:1-10

1 AND it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.

No comments: