Sunday, March 27, 2005

Curly Whirly

Yep, I did it! I went and got my hair permed. I must say, it was just the change I needed. I am quite pleased with it, even if it was done with rollers and not tongue depressors.

I did it on Thursday, just in time for me to show it off on Friday night swing dancing. I got several compliments on it... Always makes a girl feel good.

Burp even asked me to dance. I was sitting down and I told him I promised someone else this dance. He told me I was lying, which I clearly was. He also invited me to his friends house party where his band would be playing tonight. I was curious, but did I go?.... N O. Hmph!

Last night I brought a couple of the ladies I worked for with me. They are both 80 years old widdows. One met her husband at some fancy smancy dance hall in Hollywood and the other's husband was a World famous Square Dance Caller. I think/hope they had a good time. They said that they did, in spite of their disappointment in the venue and how the dancing and the men have changed since their time.

They are both in a similar situation. Both of them were waited on, hand and foot by their husbands. They took care of everything for them, so that now they don't know how to do simple things for themselves like; order their favorite dish at a restaurant, take care of the finances, and a number of other chores. They have also both had a stroke in recent years, so that has an affect on how compitent they are now, too.

I would like to think that there are some Gentlemen left in the World. There certainly is a need for them.

This one goes out to all the Gentlmen still standing!

No comments: