Thursday, March 31, 2005

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

I put my notice in at work to tell them that I am moving. They said that they were sad for themselves, but happy for me. I am not enjoying the task of having to tell all my clients that I will only be around for another week. I feel like I am having to break up with them. I am breaking their hearts.

One of the ladies I took swing dancing called up her daughter, in tears after I left. She didn't want to cry in front of me, but she was terribly disapointed. They went through four other cargivers before they found me. She said they will never find anyone as nice as me. They wanted to offer me a live-in position. I'm not sure how I feel about that specifically because I have Guy. It's the only way I would be able to arange to stay in California, but that would defeat the purpose.

When I tell them that I am moving to Utah, they all ask me if I am Mormon. "Yes, I am," I pronounce. They usually mention a friend that they knew who was Mormon. This morning when the man I was working with asked me if I am Mormon and I told him, yes. I asked him if he has known anyone who is Mormon. Surprisingly, he said, "No, I don't think so, but if you are an example, they must be pretty nice people."

That made me feel good. A couple of times when I looked at him, I thought he might cry. He told me that he will miss me. He and his wife took a trip back to Florida a few weeks ago and he was telling me that he wished that he could take me with him to help him while he is there.

It was so much easier for me to say that I was going to up and move last summer when I was working for eRepublic. I was ready to quit my job there anyway. Now that I have a job that brings me some satisfaction, it is much harder to leave. I feel the same way my mother does about the idea of leaving her job that she loves.

I am trying to look towards the future.

No comments: