Friday, July 07, 2006

Casual Camping

My family decided that they wanted to go camping the weekend before July 4th. They chose a camp ground in the Alpine Canyon which was only about 15 minutes from our house. They reserved two sites for 4 days, but we rarely stayed over night there. My dad and Guy were the only ones ready to stay over the first night and the second night I opted to go out dancing and my parents and Guy came back to the house at about 9:30 to get a pillow for my mom and when they returned to the campground t hey had been locked out so they had to turn around and come back home to sleep. We finally all got it together to stay over on the last night; my parents, Guy and I and my brother and sis-in-law.

Saturday my mother went fishing with my dad. It was the first time my mother had actually fished. I was glad to see the two of them doing somehing like that together and especially my mother showing some interest in my dad's hobbies. Guy and I joined them with sub sandwiches. I layed out on the shore in my swimming suit to catch some sun on this white body of mine. (No sunblock of course because I didn't want to block the sun. I wanted to absorb it). Well absorb it I did. I was glowing by about 5pm.

We all agreed that we didn't really care to go camping again. It takes so much time to pack up all the gear for us to get sun burnt and lay around at the hot camp site, then get eaten by mosquitos at night, only to turn around again and have to unpack, wash off and put away the camping gear. My parents had a good idea to only take day trips in the future so they don't have to worry about all the extra gear for sleeping. Yuck, it's too much like moving.

And all those bugs...who needs em?

No comments: