Monday, November 12, 2007

Blues Rising

In February I was able to get away to San Francisco to attend Blues Rising, a blues dancing workshop that took place over the whole weekend. I drove out with a friend from Salt Lake. We left Thursday night and took turns driving through the night. We arived at 8am on Friday just when the other dancers were waking up and recovering from the late night before.

There were loads of great workshops taking place from noon to about 6 and then we all migrated to the evening dance, where they had fantastic live music to dance to. Dancing went all through the night and into the wee hours of 5 and 6 am. Then I got to be the one to drive one of the groups back to the house I stayed at in Half Moon Bay. I loaded up on Jelly Belly energy beans just before we left to help me stay awake on the drive back to the house. I think I got about 5 hours of sleep from Thursday to Tuesday night. It's a small price to pay for such fabulous dancing and music and....

Anyway, it was a marvelous weekend and wish I could go back soon.

No comments: